Joe tells the harrowing tale of the house that tried to kill him.
How do we know if buildings are safe?
Use hashtag #ana005 to reference this episode in a tweet, shared post, or comment.
- “The only two worries are bush fires and snakes”
- Joe’s Aussie hat
- How Australia survived the GFC
- Propping up the Aussie housing bubble
- Decision to rent
- “We weren’t sure if they would let us keep the chickens”
- The walkthrough
- Moving in
- Housing bubbles and subdivision
- “And then things took a turn for the worse”
- “Screw it and glue it”
- “That was a structural light switch cover”
- Possum fight!
- Speculation on causes
- A whole new mystery
- A rhombus, and a rescue plan
- “I don’t think that’s a problem”
- A revelation
- Tenancies tribunal
- Root cause analysis
- Black market arborists?
- How governments try to ensure safe buildings
- Building codes
- Lessons Learned
- 10 tips for renters and buyers
- 4 tips for landlords and sellers
- The anarchic approach
- A false sense of security
SPOILER ALERT! For maximum suspense and terror, we recommend listening to the podcast episode before viewing these gruesome photos.
Note – these were taken in September 2012. It got worse.
Contact:Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tweet us: @anarchitecturep
Google+ Profile: https://plus.google.com/u/0/113798048417216985559
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113956630044256373377
RSS (all posts): http://www.anarchitecturepodcast.com/feed/
RSS (Podcasts only): http://www.anarchitecturepodcast.com/feed/podcast/
Other Subscription Options