Tim was interviewed on Danilo Cuellar’s “Peaceful Anarchism” Podcast.
A fun and wide-ranging discussion leaving no stone unturned.
Use hashtag #ana015 to reference this episode in a tweet, post, or comment.
View full show notes at anarchitecturepodcast.com/ana015.
- “It’s all about the jokes.”
- Summary of The Foundations Series
- Divestiture of property
- Libertarians colonizing the moon
- Private ownership of public space
- Homesteading for public use
- Divesting government property
- Public forms of ownership
- Why the 90’s were a joke
- How Tim became a libertarian
- The genesis of Anarchitecture podcast
- Ron Paul, the exception that proves the rule that politicians are dirtbags
- The scales framework, revisited
- Resolving conflict at different scales of the built environment
- You don’t need national defense if you don’t have a nation
- Democratic nation-states put a target on the back of every citizen
- 38% of land mass is owned by Federal and State governments. Most is in western states. Local government land ownership and roads may increase this percentage.
- Government owned property is a honeypot for invaders
- Property divestiture makes government less necessary
- Private ownership and competition of power utilities, roads, water distribution
- Monopoly and its malcontents
- Everyone loves parks
- Preservation through privatization
- London’s Green Belt
- The destructive effects of “free” government roads
- Government trains vs. private trains
- Improving road safety through private ownership of roads
- 40,000 people die each year on US roads.
- Tim’s favorite quote: “Tu Ne Cede Malis, Sed Contra Audentior Ito” – Ludwig von Mises’ personal motto, from Virgils “The Aeneid” (Which we read in 3rd year Latin class and promptly forgot).
- Antarchitecture, revisited
- “A latticework of harmony” – Beautiful!
- Important announcements
- Danilo Cuellar’s Peaceful Anarchism
- The Foundations Series – Including The Scales Framework and Antarchitecture
- Gardner Goldsmith hasn’t updated his website in a while… We can relate.
- Harry Browne on Maximizing Personal Freedom
- Independent Institute
- Freedomain Radio
- Free Talk Live
- The Ludwig Von Mises Institute
- Morris and Linda Tannehil – The Market for Liberty
- Christopher Chase Rachels – A Spontaneous Order
- Annual Road Death Toll in the US
- Kevin Carson- The Distorting Effects of Transportation Subsidies
- ana010: Syndicalism in One Act (Starts at 1:12:30)
Contact:Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tweet us: @anarchitecturep
Google+ Profile: https://plus.google.com/u/0/113798048417216985559
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113956630044256373377
RSS (all posts): http://www.anarchitecturepodcast.com/feed/
RSS (Podcasts only): http://www.anarchitecturepodcast.com/feed/podcast/
Other Subscription Options